Dr Mussarrat Ammad
Obstetrics & Gynecology Consultant
German Board Certified
Dr. Mussarrat Ammad is a German board certified consultant Gynecologist with over twenty years of extensive work experience in Europe, Asia and Middle East. Prior to joining CMC Hospital, she was working as lead Consultant Gynecologist in Stuttgart Area, Germany.
She is highly skilled in dealing with wide range of Obstetrics and Gynecological problems with special interest in Gynecology laparoscopy and Gyne-oncology surgery. She is an expert in screening diagnosis and treatment of gynecological and breast tumors.
Dr Mussarrat possesses dual qualification in Obstetrics & Gynecology. She completed her last residency training in Germany from Munster University followed by German board Certification from Arztekammer Westfallenlippe in 2014. Previously, Dr Mussarrat Ammad has also worked in University affiliated Hospitals of Abu Dhabi like Tawam and SMCC.
Dr. Mussarrat is fluent in four languages English, German, Urdu and Arabic. She is intimately familiar with the health care system in Europe, Asia as well as United Arab Emirates and respects the different cultural values of women coming from diverse cultural backgrounds. She has been actively engaged in development of care standards for women in United Arab Emirates as well as Germany.
Some of the key areas of care provided by Dr Mussarrat Ammad is screening prevention and treatment of:
- Women‘s sexual health
- Disorders during Pregnancy
- Menstrual disorders
- Screening for gynecological cancers
- Menopausal problems
- Urogynecological disorders
- Breast disorders
Dr Mussarrat also brings in vast experience in cosmetic Breast and cosmetic Gynecological surgery.
- Surgical treatment of gynecological cancers including removal of uterus, ovaries, tubes , lymph nodes and other necessary procedures related to gynecological cancer treatment
- Medical and fertility sparing treatments of pre-cancer or early-stage gynecological cancer
- Surgical treatment of benign gynecological tumors like fibroid removal and benign ovarian cysts removal
- Surgical correction of uterine and vaginal prolapse disorders
- Surgical treatment of breast cancer with or without oncoplastic reconstruction
- Surgical treatment of other benign breast tumors and conditions
- Management of high-risk pregnancy, especially multiple uterine scars, placenta accreta and placenta previ
- FachArzt in Gynecology and Obstetrics Munster University Westfallenlippe Germany 2014
- Fellow of college of surgeons and physicians Pakistan 2008
- Bachelors of medicine and surgery Fatima Jinnah University Lahore 2001
- “Association of Obesity and diabetes with endometrial cancer in United Arab emirates population”Ammad M, Chandra S, Elmasry K. IJCG congress Edition 2014 dec. The study won excellence award in SEHA research conference in 2012.
- “Psychosexual impact of new or persistent HPV infection on women’s quality of life in Arabian Peninsula” A pilot study as poster presentation in American society of colposcopy and cervical pathologies annual meeting in New Orleans April 13-16, 2016
- Experience of PDS (Primary Debulking Surgery) versus NACT (Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy) in advanced staged ovarian cancer cases in Mafraq Gyneoncology division. Ammad M, Makwela R, Elmasry K initial results presented in UAE cancer congress October 2015
- “Value of HPV testing in follow up of treated CIN cases by fertility sparing surgery” published in SEHA research Journal edition 6, Dec 2015
- Benign metastasizing Leiomyoma case report published in SEHA research journal edition 6, Dec 2015
- “Validation of endometrial thickness in Transvaginal Ultrasonography compared with histopathology” Ammad M, Naheed F, Humayun S. JSAFOG ( Journal of southeast Asian Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2007 Mar-Apr